Friday, February 11, 2011

confessions of a negligent composter


See that lump on the left end of my back fence? That was/is my compost. This photo was taken a few weeks ago, when the snow was at its highest, and we couldn't really get out the back yard. And, of course, I took it on the day I stopped my winter composting. *Sigh.* I really didn't want to do that, but I would have needed hip boots or waders to get out there everyday. Before I really went on composting hiatus (or, that is before I admitted to myself that I had done so) I started to put our compost containers on the back stoop. Yes, dear readers, they are still there. UGH. Since the photo above we've had a couple of ice storms that have made our snow piles shorter, but the snow itself even more impossible to trudge through.

Excuses, excuses. Get a worm bin! Freeze your food scraps! Oy. I'll work on the worm bin for next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment