Tuesday, May 17, 2011

feeling better

Where have I been? Well, it's been a long couple months of a lot of little (in the scheme of things) colds that felt big (in our day-to-day). The little bear had something that hung on for 2 months, then started to get worse rather than better. We saw the doctor a few more times than I had ever thought necessary in the span of a month. Then due to my coughing or carrying around said sick child, I did something to my rib (broke, fractured, strained, bruised . . . apparently it's all the same and so is the non-treatment). So we've been on the slow track around here. Just getting by without losing too much sleep.

And when we felt well enough we gardened, planted, played, and stretched out in huge green fields of long grass under the blue sky and felt grateful. I hope you had some time for that this month, too.






1 comment:

  1. Oh ouch. Glad you're on the mend. I broke a rib once and crushed several another time and it was THE most painful thing ever. Hurt so much to laugh, drive a car or even breathe. But when it gets better it gets better immediately. As the doctor described it: "It's gong to hurt like H _ _ _ for 4 weeks and then you will wake up one morning and the pain will be gone." And that's exactly what happened. Sure glad I wasn't pregnant at the time, though. Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete