Thursday, August 4, 2011

getting closer

big mama & little bear

This is now an old photo. Over a month ago we were up in the Adirondacks for a vacation before the ultra-hugeness of pregnancy descended. I guess we cut that a bit close, but I've still got 3 or 4 weeks to go.

Being so close to having 2 little bears around the house is exciting, but I'm apprehensive about the transition. I'm in a good rhythm with my little one *right now*. He's been extremely loving (throwing his arms around me and the belly and saying "I love you so much" and "I love the baby so much") and I feel as though I've actually been more patient than usual. Not that I'm a saintly earth-mama, but just that I've been able to put off my own tantrums more than I used to (maybe it's because the Papa bear has not yet returned to full-time teaching). I'm really enjoying our little guy's company and finding him charming in a new way each day. I know the next phase for us is bound to be challenging, but I'm also looking forward to the sweet moments of seeing the two guys meet for the first time, and seeing T. take a turn at being mommy's helper. Maybe that's a fantasy, but I know there will be some wonderful times in the months to come, though they'll often be crowded out by exhaustion and exasperation. I hope I remember to look for the magic in the chaos.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. Two is not twice the work or trouble! The second one is so much easier than the first, mostly because you are so busy you just don't have the time you had with the first one to worry about every little thing. And three is a piece of cake................!!

    ReplyDelete