1) I'd like to have an epic strawberry-jam making session, such as I remember from the summers of my childhood. The CSA my sister belongs to has strawberries that I feel are pretty safe for the eating. I'd like to buy a bunch when we are up there and (are you reading this, Mom?) make jam with my Mom in NY. Seems better to pair up with someone who has done it before.
2) I really want to stock up on local blueberries while they are in season. I think we'll pay a visit to Windsong Farm, which has been recommended highly by some of my friends b/c of their safe growing practices. The trouble is that when blueberries are in season we eat them so fast that we've never been able to save any. (Oh, and we hope to harvest some from the 2 bushes we planted in our yard last year.)
3) We have plans to expand our backyard garden. I'm thinking we should add string beans, kale, peppers, squash, herbs, cabbage, . . . and more on that soon.
4) More applesauce! We have been enjoying our treats from the freezer. We bought a large bag of seconds from High Hill Orchard and it made delicious sauce. We could easily have eaten many times the amount we made...
5) I'd like to put a white hydrangea in front of the house, where we lost a small piney shrub.
6) We will need to come up with a good way to control weeds. Suggestions?
7) Since we are in suburbia, we need to figure out how to keep our front lawn somewhat un-dead over the summer. gag me.
8) We hope to be able to use some of our own compost for our gardens this year, but I also hope to find a good place to purchase some in bulk.
And what about you? Do you have any growing-season goals?