Wednesday, January 1, 2014

into the new year & investigations at sleeping giant

For the past few years I've had some growing discontent with where we live.  Sometimes I have just found it frustrating to be in such a people-clogged area and sometimes it's made me deeply unhappy.  Over the fall we gave serious consideration to moving back to our old town and just dealing with the long commute for Ken.  But we're not going to do that right now (for a lot of reasons)--but maybe in the future.

So I'm going to make a better attempt here on this blog to record some of our moments here, where we are now, enjoying what is happening in the present.  I think it will be mostly photos I put up here, but it may evolve.  We are not living in the place we would most like to live, but it's a good place for what is happening now in our lives.  I want to focus a bit more on that in the coming year.

A good log to sit on.  We were trying to investigate why it fell. 

We found this interesting circular root-looking-thing.  It was not attached to the soil. 

Our paperwhites are growing!

Hmmm...  what is this thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment