Sunday, January 5, 2014

icy winter day inside

bird watching with my boys in my big old bathrobe 

now in bloom

I didn't even know that Ken took that photo of us watching birds this morning, but there it is!  It does capture something special and morning-y.  This is kind of what I imagined parenthood to be long before I had kids.  Turns out it is like this, at least some of the time.  

Our paperwhites are so pretty.  Theo's nursery school sold bulbs as a fundraiser and I treated myself to some things I've never had.  Forced bulbs being one of them.  Striped squill (outside bloom for spring) is another.  

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite pictures ever, from my little birder and my grand-birders. I am so glad that I have discovered the resumption of your blog. Makes those three hours seem a little less far away.

    ReplyDelete